For more information: Teri L. Sullivan-
WKNO Promotions Manager
March 1, 2013
For Immediate Release
WKNO to Air 2013 TSSAA BlueCross Basketball Championships Live
WKNO and the other Tennessee Public Television stations, in cooperation with the TSSAA, will be airing LIVE the ten 2013 TSSAA BlueCross Basketball Championship games over the first three Saturdays in March on Channel 10.
The schedule for the high school basketball championships is:
Please note that start times may vary.
Saturday, March 2
- Division II, Class AA Girls at 9:00 a.m.
- Division II, Class AA Boys at 11:00 a.m. – featuring the Briarcrest Boys team. The broadcast of the above game is sponsored by Briarcrest Christian School
- Division II, Class A Girls at 1:00 p.m.
- Division II, Class A Boys at 3:00 p.m. – featuring the Lausanne and Evangelical Christian School Boys teams.The broadcast of the above game is sponsored by Lausanne Collegiate School and Evangelical Christian School.
Saturday, March 9
- Division I, Class AAA Girls at 2:00 p.m.
- Division I, Class A Girls at 4:00 p.m.
- Division I, Class AA Girls at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 16
- Division I, Class AAA Boys at 2:00 p.m.
- Division I, Class A Boys at 4:00 p.m.
- Division I, Class AA Boys at 6:00 p.m.
The semifinal games will be streamed live via the TSSAA Network (tssaanetwork.com).
The 2013 TSSAA BlueCross Basketball Championships are presented by the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA), BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Regions Bank, the Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office and the TSSAA Network.
The airing of these live games is part of a three-year deal between the Tennessee public television stations and the TSSAA Network, which is a partnership between The TSSAA and PlayOn! Sports.
WKNO is a non-profit, private foundation serving the Mid-South for more than 56 years. An important community resource, WKNO uses the power of non-commercial public broadcasting to provide the Mid-South with quality educational and cultural programs that inform, entertain, and inspire. For more information: wkno.org
# # #