First on the air: June 25, 1956
WKNO-HD signed on August 3, 2004
WKNO on Digital Channel 10.1.
WKNO-HD on Digital Channel 10.1 or 810 on Comcast HD Cable Service.
WKNO on Digital Channel 10.2.
WKNO2 on Digital Channel 10.2 or 910 on Comcast Cable Service.
Channels: PBS Kids
WKNO Kids on Digital Channel 10.3.
WKNO-3 on Digital Channel 10.3 or 311 on Comcast Cable Service.
WKNO, now more than 65 years old, is owned and operated by the Mid-South Public Communications Foundation, licensed to the community of Memphis, Tennessee, and governed by an all-volunteer, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees.
WKNO is the Mid-South’s premier public media organization committed to creating and presenting both unique local and national content for television, radio and digital media.
- A trusted resource of information and inspiration
- An essential provider of educational and cultural services
- A preeminent public institution in and for the Mid-South
- A leader in public media, both locally and nationally
- Be an exemplary steward of the public trust
- Seek diversity and excellence in people, ideas and services
- Build and nourish relationships in the community
- Hold ourselves accountable for results
- Help each other succeed
- Have a sense of humor
Over 70% of the annual budget comes from the Mid-South community. The remaining 30% comes from federal, state, and local government grants. WKNO also offers a variety of educational services, including programming for classrooms, state and local legislative coverage and more.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.